Warranty and Limitations
We have one simple business approach. We want our customers to always be satisfied with their purchases. If you are not then we will do all everything in our power to make it right. Our guarantee is that you'll be satisfied with your purchase. If you receive any items from us and are not satisfied prior to installation then we’ll be happy to accept your exchange or return at any time.
Once installed MDL Lighting warrants that our Landscape Lighting Products will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the below periods of years:
- MDL Lighting Branded Professional Grade Integrated LED Outdoor Products with brass housings used for single family residences are warranted for fifteen (15) years or 40,000 hours, whichever comes first.The warranty for these same Products for commercial use is ten (10) years or 40,000 hours, whichever comes first. Low voltage landscape lighting fixture housings made of brass or copper do naturally patina in color which is not a defect.
- MDL Lighting Branded Professional Grade Integrated LED Outdoor Products with aluminum housings used for single family residences are warranted for ten (10) years or 40,000 hours, whichever comes first. The warranty for these same Products for commercial use is ten (10) years or 40,000 hours, whichever comes first.
- MDL Lighting Branded Commercial Grade low voltage landscape lighting fixtures with brass housings carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Low voltage landscape lighting fixture housings made of brass or copper do naturally patina in color which is not a defect.
- MDL Lighting Branded Commercial Grade low voltage landscape lighting fixtures with aluminum housings are warranted for five (5) years.
- MDL Lighting Stainless Steel transformers, excluding timers and photo-cells, are warranted for normal use for as long as the Original Purchaser owns the Product.
- MDL Lighting Powder Coated transformers, ‘excluding timers and photo-cells are warranted for a period of ten (10) years.
- Accessories, such as timers and photo-controls, are warranted for a period of one (1) year.
- LED MR16 and G4 Bulbs are warranted for a period of five (5) years.
- Non-LED Bulbs carry no warranty.
To replace a Product that has a warranted defect, the Original Purchaser shall return any allegedly defective parts or Products to the authorized MDL Lighting distributor or Reseller where the Product was purchased from with PROOF OF PURCHASE, Original Purchaser’s name and return address, and a description of the claimed Product defect.
If any of the warranted Products are found by MDL Lighting, in its sole discretion, to be defective, such Products will, at MDL Lighting’s sole option and cost, be replaced, repaired or refunded. MDL Lighting will return the repaired or replaced Product prepaid freight or provide a refund. This warranty is limited to defective parts or material only. Labor charges and/or damage incurred in installation, repair or replacement, as well as incidental or consequential damage connected therewith, are excluded.
The partieshereto expressly agree that Original Purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy against MDL Lighting shall be for the repair, replacement or refund of defective Products as provided herein. This warranty extends only to Product ownership by the Original Purchaser; is not transferable whether to heirs, subsequent owners, or otherwise; and is void if the Original Purchaser ceases to own the Product.
This warranty does not apply to any Products that have been subjected to misuse, mishandling, misapplication,power surges, power spikes, use of non-approved electronic transformers and dimmers,, applications of voltages outside the acceptable range of voltages as defined in the product specifications includingconnecting to voltage outside of the North American Voltage Range of 108 to 132 VAC (60 HTZ), applying of DC (direct current) power when AC (alternating current) power is required (or vice versa), unusual use (including but not limited to use in an environment where the annual average ambient operating temperature is below 25 or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit), neglect (including but not limited to improper maintenance), accident, acts of God such as high winds and other extreme weather events, improper installation or care, failure to follow the Product’s written instructions for normal use and care, improper packaging of Products returned to MDL Lighting, modification (including but not limited to use of unauthorized parts or attachments), or adjustment or repair. Significant Product exposure to chemicals, harsh cleaners, salt water or salt air will void any and all warranties on exterior finishes. This warranty only applies when all components, including transformers, have been provided by MDL Lighting. Substituting another manufacturer’s product and/or components will render the warranty completely void.
THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR INFRINGEMENT. ORIGINAL PURCHASER SHALL IN NO EVENT BE ENTITLED TO, AND MDL LIGHTING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFIT, PROMOTIONAL AND/OR MANUFACTURING EXPENSES, OVERHEAD, INJURY TO REPUTATION AND/OR LOSS OF CUSTOMERS.